Monday, December 14, 2009

Dispositions in General

I don't believe dispositions can be taught in the literal sense. They can be brought out of people through experience, relating ideas and other methods. I do believe that things such as humility, inventiveness, passion and those such things can easily be talked about and realized but they cannot be put into a box that is teaching right now. The whole system of teaching these things is very hard to standardize and put into a box. I think the whole dispositional blog is a great start in the whole discussion about these dispositions but I do not; however, believe that it is the answer. I believe the true answer to these dispositions lies with either present day teachers and or the colleagues that students currently have. I believe these to be the best two resources at our disposal to date. I think if there was a constant open discussion board between these sets of people that it would do more than anything for the educational dispositions of students.

No comments:

Post a Comment