Monday, November 16, 2009

Reflectiveness

Every great educator will reflect on the things they have taught in the classroom. They see their own mistakes and make themselves better if they use it in a constructive manner. I also think that this is the reason that most students and teachers hate to reflect. The old saying is that you are your own worst critic. There is not a person in the world who wants to look back and find their own flaws. However, if they look at these incidents as opportunities and not just failures then they can learn from them. This is the heart of teaching because it is the purest way to check whether or not we are doing our jobs. Without this personal reflection we would never find any fault in our teaching and would become stale in our presentation. Personally I reflect best when I have nothing else bothering me and I have peace and quiet. When this occurs I can think back to just about any event that I set my mind to. I try to do this weekly at some point. Sometimes it is quite a while between reflection times. However, I do not know how I would function properly if I did not look back to find all the things I do wrong on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment